Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yarn gluttony

So I went yarn shopping today.  So I went shopping for yarn for all the Xmas presents I want to make for The Hand Made Xmas Project (it's always in caps in my mind now, and it's always Xmas, not Christmas.)  So I went to my LYS during their spring sale.  

So I went a little crazy, hehe.

19 skeins of Cascade 220 (mostly in heathers), 4 of Malabrigo Worsted, 8 of Manos Silk Blend (yummy yum yum), 2 Araucania Ranco sock yarn, 3 skeins of Miski that I just fell in love with, 2 of Diamond Luxury Alpaca Primo, and 2 of Mirasol Chirapa.  Most of the presents will be made with the Cascade, Malabrigo and Manos.  The rest was just indulgence on my part.  1 skein of Malabrigo, in Lime Blue, was bought just to see how it would look knit up.

And I want to go back for more.  I'm starting to understand the stash collection I've seen on other blogs.  I'm starting to envy and crave those stashes.  There's is so much yarn out there, and I have bought so little of it.  Must... get... yarn...

Pics tomorrow, when the sun is up and I'm knot knocked on my ass with this damn cold again.

No comments: